We believe that in order to address the scourge we face, it is becoming necessary to arm ourselves with new artillery for battle. Tough love and incarceration are not working. Recovery is what we need.
We nod to Malden Massachusetts. We nod to you. If you have questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy©
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is a 4-day intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills need to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. Provided in a retreat like environment, the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© prepares participants by helping them to actively listen, ask really good questions, and discover and manage their own stuff.
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills