PCA Colorado is very pleased to announce we now have Recovery Basics for Parents – a 6 hour basic training on recovery principles and ideals geared to inform the family to help support both themselves and their affected family member as well as provide tools to move the family system into a healthier direction during early recovery.
The CCAR Recovery Basics training is designed specifically for parents who want to understand and support the recovery of their children and young adults. Through a variety of interactive exercises, Recovery Basics answers many parents’ FAQs, as well as provides them with practical tools to use in support of a loved one, to improve family relationships and/or apply to their own recovery.
Participants are encouraged to:
- Gain perspective on the impact of addiction/recovery in the life of a parent
- Describe how relationships impact recovery
- Define and increase fluency in the language of recovery
- Build capacity to understand and support a child/young adult in his or her recovery
- Practice specific skill sets key to supporting recovery
- Create a learning community to advance the recognition, acceptance and support of recovery
PCA will be facilitating its 1st training in October and hopes to begin having a 1x monthly training around the Denver Metro area. If you are interested in participating please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find a list of our trainings at http://www.pcacolorado.com